If you’ve been searching for an easy, crispy side vegetable dish which doubles as a nutritional superstar along with a delicious taste, look no further! Bingo, Sweet and Spicy Roasted Cauliflower defines all of this. It could be served for an snack at a gathering with family or friends as well. Move over spicy wings and make room for this dish!
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 TB olive or melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp sriracha sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce, regular or lite version
- cumin, pepper and paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large cookie or baking sheet with parchment paper Combine maple syrup, sriacha, olive or coconut oil and soy sauce in a large bowl or a large Ziplock bag. Add a dash or cumin, black pepper and paprika and mix together. Next add the cauliflower florets and mix together until the cauliflower is well coated with this mixture. Place the cauliflower on the baking sheet, leaving some room between the cauliflower in order for it to brown well. Bake for 30 minutes or until cauliflower is tender and browned. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Information presented in this food blog is not intended to be used as medical advice. Please consult your personal health care provider for medical and/or nutritional advice.
Cauliflower is a nutritious vegetable packed with fiber, vitamins C, K, B6 and folate. Cauliflower is all the rage now since it is being used as lower carbohydrate alternative to flour in pizza crust, mashed cauliflower vs mashed potatoes and in many other recipes as well.
If you are like me, you may have overindulged over the holiday season. This recipe makes a crisp, spicy side dish or snack that is guilt free. That goes a long way when you are working on achieving those weight loss and health resolutions that you wrote out on January 1.
Stay warm and cozy on these cool days and spend some quality time in the kitchen making healthier foods that become family traditions for years to come!